Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06
The Redheughers Ceilidh Band is a long established community based, Northumbrian orientated, country dance band co-operative – led and tutored by Robin Dunn.
It offers opportunities for people with some musical ability to:-
- Appreciate and understand local dance music and dancing
- Experience the discipline of playing together in a band
- Develop skills and expertise in musical execution
- Get involved in a wide repertoire of jigs, reels, hornpipes, waltzes, two-steps and “fillers”
- Perform regularly through playing for a Ceilidh Club on the first Tuesday of each month at Caedmon Hall, and in a range of ceilidhs and informal events
- Meet, practise and play throughout the year on a regular basis.
The Redheughers cordially invite you, without any obligation, to come along and try a session. We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6 – 8pm in the Katharine Shears Room in the MEC.